Prenatal Massage Therapy: Every Mother Should Know
If you’re a woman who plans to have kids soon, you probably need this coping remedy.
Prenatal massage is a therapy for pregnant women. This magnificent massage has numerous positive effects to the pregnant mother’s body.
Here are some of the positive effects of prenatal massage:
- relieves pregnancy pains (legs and back)
- alleviates headache
- reduces edema (swelling of extremities specially the legs)
- improves circulation and increases oxygenation of tissues and muscles
- helps eliminate byproduct of the metabolism that causes pain
- reduces stress and tension
- improves sleep naturally
- reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression
- strengthens immune system
- stimulates the release of pain blocking chemical like serotonin
- increases the feeling of well-being
Motherhood is an amazing experience when you know how to cope up with pregnancy pain and discomfort. Before doing any prenatal massage therapies, always consult your obstetrician-gynecologist (OB-GYN). Furthermore, look for a certified massage therapist who specializes in prenatal massage. Most massage therapists will allow your partner to watch them doing it, and some will even give tips and techniques on how it is done.
If you want your partner to do the basic prenatal massage for you, then this book is a great tool for learning. Come on! See it for yourself.